Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Friday, October 6, 2017

Week in Review: October 2-6

I missed last week's peek into our week, but it was a good week! It was just very busy. So here what this last week looked like!


With our new schoolroom setup I work with the girls in the living room or the kitchen. This is working really well and we have even done his with spelling! We still love All About Spelling and picked back up with it this week. I did the lesson with the girls individually then I dictated their words to them all together. We've been doing it this way for a couple of years and I have them trained pretty well to cue me to repeat a word and let me know when they are ready for the next one all with silent indicators. 

Grace - 2nd grade: Bigger Hearts for His Glory Unit 9
I am enjoying the guides with Grace so much more than the first two times around. I know exactly what to expect and because her sisters are more independent I can more fully enjoy the activities! This week she began learning about Benjamin Franklin. She learned about his childhood and life as a young man. One of the things she learned was how he and some other boys made a wharf in the water to make it easier to go fishing. This is her working on that. She had a lot of fun and made a beautiful little wharf! 

Rose - 7th Grade: Revival to Revolution Unit 1
 Yay for the start of a new guide! Rose is always excited when we begin a new guide and this is getting into one of her favorite periods of history. She is so good at staying on task now and studying on her own. Rose is usually very excited to share about what she is reading with whomever will listen. This week she settled in by beginning to read about George Washington. It's really fun to see her growing into such a diligent young lady in school but also in other areas. She loved having fresh notebooking pages to use and shifted from using permanent markers to colored pencils this year for her timeline. 

Beth - 5th Grade: Creation to Christ Unit 15

I was so encouraged this week! Beth's complaining has settled down significantly! There is no reason I can pinpoint or anything we have changed. I'm really just praising the Lord for the change! Heart issues are the biggest stumbling block to a successful school day. She's doing well with her studies and is enjoying our addition of foreign language. I'm assigning them time each day with DuoLingo and a couple of days with Signing Time. She also really likes that I've added daily reading from a biography of their choice. We have a wonderful selection of these on a shelf and I just ask they read one chapter a day.

Really good week! This coming week will be interesting and we have quite a bit of

No comments:

Post a Comment