Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Week in Review: May 28 - June 1

 After a day with my parents on Monday enjoying Memorial Day, we got back to work for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings. We are still working on a modified schedule as we use some fun new resources from different companies and stick with our math, literature, and biography readings. This is such a fun photo of my girls learning! it's rare they are all in the same room and settled like this, so I take the opportunity to show them off when I can! 

On Thursday my girls traveled back to my parents' house for the weekend so my husband and I could take a little road trip! We enjoyed a couple of night's away celebrating our 16th anniversary and exploring the vendors at the Thrive homeschool conference.
I may have been just the tiniest bit giddy when we stopped by the Heart of Dakota booth! I was so excited to meet Mike and Julie! This is such a sweet family and we enjoyed chatting with them and took the opportunity to get the materials I need for this fall. I think my favorite part is that I now have a Heart of Dakota tote! 

This is one of my very good friends who has created an INCREDIBLE art resource you need to check out! Take Time for Art is a fun, family-friendly historically based art curriculum. It pairs beautifully alongside our Heart of Dakota studies as we study through history! Penny Mayes and I taught together my first few years the homeschool learning center where I teach English. I have been so excited to be one of her test pilots for this fabulous resource!

We had a wonderful evening Friday out with one of my best girlfriends and her husband. We have been BFFs since 4th grade when I quietly walked up and asked her to be my friend during a book fair. The rest is history! We laughed and chatted and I got to love on her kids a little bit. We definitely made plans to get together again soon with all the kids. No pictures from this meet up as we were having too much fun to pull out our phones!

On Saturday we drove around a sweet little town and found some fun places we want to bring the girls back and see.

 Here is the world's largest dresser! 

 We enjoyed visiting an historical Quaker home and learning how weddings were performed. 


 We renewed our vows Quaker style! 

It was a great few days away and we are recharged and ready to face the rest of our house clean-out! It's going well and we feel so good to be getting rid of so many things we just don't need. 

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment