Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Monday, December 4, 2017

How Adventures in Odyssey Helped us Survive a Week in the Hospital

So we had a really difficult time in November with one of my girls. We were in the hospital for seven days and some of the reason is still a mystery. 

If you have ever spent time in the hospital you can agree that no matter how wonderful the care you receive, it's not a place anyone would choose to be. That was definitely the case for us. We are beyond grateful to the Lord for His provision of incredible medical care, but surviving that week was not easy, especially for my sweet daughter. We had lots of visitors and wonderful friends who brought her coloring books, games, movies, and more. Although she appreciated all of these, there was one thing which helped bring her the distraction and comfort she needed more than anything:

Adventures in Odyssey

https://www.oaclub.org/




I grew up listening to Adventures in Odyssey and my girls have listened to this fabulous series since they were in the womb! Nearly every night they listen to at least one episode, sometimes more than one.

While we were in the hospital my girl would listen to these stories over and over again and they gave her comfort while she fell asleep, when she had her blood drawn multiple times a day, and when she needed to be distracted from all the poking and prodding.

They were my comfort as well. I can quote many episodes almost word for word now. Having these stories to distract my worried mind in the middle of the night was an incredible blessing. 

https://www.oaclub.org/

Streaming access within the hospital made finding just the right episode fast and easy. If you know a child who is not feeling well this holiday, whether at home or in the hospital, consider a gift of the Adventures in Odyssey Club. I can tell you from experience it will bring healing of the soul for the family who listens. 

Disclaimer: I receive a membership to the Adventures in Odyssey Club in exchange for this blog post. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment