Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Monday, October 2, 2017

Individual Membership from Super Teacher Worksheets: A TOS Crew Review

 Super Teacher Worksheets
 One of the biggest needs in the homeschool community is resources to fill gaps. Any teacher, homeschool or traditional, will tell you there is no perfect curriculum which will teach absolutely everything in a way which is perfectly suited for every student. There are also times when the first round of teaching a topic doesn't quite stick. Because of this I'm always on the lookout for good resources to help fill in the gaps. I was intrigued to try out the Individual Membership from Super Teacher Worksheets to see how it would work for our family.
 
 Super Teacher Worksheets
 
 The website is laid out in a very logical and easy to use manner. Every elementary subject is covered including Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, as well as several electives and fun puzzle activities. I spent a lot of time researching through this site and there isn't a single area I could find which was neglected!
 
I utilized the language arts worksheets the most. I liked the writing prompt worksheets for all three of my daughters. The ideas were interesting and it was a nice way to provide a journal type writing assignment which is very different from what we usually do. I liked that I can pick very easily from the topics available. 
 
I really like this prompt in particular:
 
"How old were you four years ago? Describe some things you can do now that you could not do then."
 
I really liked the amount of space on the page and the thoughtful topic. Beth seemed to like the writing assignment as well and talked to me for a while about how different she is than she was 4 years ago. The mark of a good writing prompt is one which engages students beyond merely checking an assignment off their to-do list. 
 
For Grace I used the spelling lists as cursive practice. She has learned her alphabet in cursive and can copy something already in cursive very well. This was a great way to have her start remembering how to form the letters and words herself. This was a great format and she did quite well with this. Grace said she liked it and was excited to see a bonus word at the bottom! 
 
 Overall I feel like this site is a bit more useful for a different audience than myself personally. We have a pretty structured curriculum and I only rarely supplement with other material. For those who unschool or feel themselves to be more eclectic in style I think this would be a very helpful source. I also see this as a highly valuable tool for full-time school teachers and substitutes because of the need to filler material for during the day. 
I do recommend this as far as quality and content. There are so many options available and it is high quality in content. I also felt the grade levels for each assignment were very appropriate. If you are looking for a supplement to fill in gaps or as a worksheet resource for concepts you are teaching this is an excellent site in which to invest.
Check out what my Crewmates have to say!
Super Teacher Worksheets
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment