Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Week in Review July 3-7

We have joyed another week of vacation, this time in Florida with my in-laws and sister-in-law and her kids. We love spending time with them and this was a nice ending to our time away from home.

My 3 with 5 of their 7 cousins on the 4th of July
The most significant thing about this week was just how relaxed we all have been. It made my husband and I realize that while we have a very solid relationship, we need to be more intentional about relaxing together. I don't mean in the same room doing different things, but choosing to be together in our down-time both physically and emotionally. We don't have a 5-step plan or anything like that, but it is just a choice we are making. We do a really good job of finding relaxing things to do alone. He loves to golf. I love to scrapbook and read. Yet we have neglected the joys of down-time together. So that is our new goal for us.

This ends about 6 weeks of almost non-stop activity and travel for our little family. Next week brings reality, where we are busy and happy, but it should include a much calmer pace. I hope to squeeze in a couple of day trips this month and next, but I'm really looking forward to some more low-key moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment