Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Sunday, February 5, 2017


Melanie Dickerson has done it again! I was captivated by this newest title from the first page to the last. Her retelling of classic fairy tales crates the backdrop for delightful new stories. I love not knowing which tale her stories are based on and then figuring it out as I read. This newest tale takes a privileged yet essentially imprisoned maiden on a journey to discover who she really is and who she wants to become.

The heroine, Evangeline, is the cousin of the king and an illegitimate relation as well. She is so closely guarded that very few even know she exists and she is never permitted off the castle grounds where she lives. In a desperate attempt to avoid a dangerous marriage arranged by the king she fleas in disguise along with her maid. Together they attempt to hide in a far away town. To do so she must deceive the chivalrous man who provides them sanctuary.

I found myself spellbound as I read. I cheered both the heroine and hero on to find real love. I also enjoy the way faith in God is presented. One or more characters are always on a journey in Dickerson's novels, and they seek to know God, not just accept what a bishop or priest is telling them. Quiet often the one joy in their day is simply reading from God's Word. What a blessing to be reminded of how precious the Word of God should be to us!

As soon as I finish each of Dickerson's novels I'm anxious to find out when the next will be published. There are few authors who delight me novel after novel, but Melanie Dickerson is definitely one of them!

Disclaimer: I received a digital copy of this book through BookLook Bloggers. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment