Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Know the Word Study Bible: A BookLook Blogger Review



I consider myself to be a bit of a Bible study nerd. Nerd has such a negative connotation, but I love to read and study the Bible. I don't think of it as negative, just a good description! I look forward to getting my hands on new resources and love to peruse different Bibles and their study helps. I reviewed the digital version of this Bible and found it to be quite helpful. This would be an excellent Bible for personal devotions.

I personally like the NKJV version. It is not my first preference in Bible versions, but it is one I use regularly. Some of the nice features of this Bible are unique to the digital version. I like that I can click on verse numbers in blue in order to quickly access the note. There are also notes in italics at the end of verses which you can click on to take you to more in depth study notes. There are lots of cross references and notes to further understand what the Scripture is saying. From what I read this Bible takes a literal and historical interpretation of the Bible. The forward indicates their belief that this is the inspired Word of God, not man. These facts are important to me when it comes to a study Bible. I want to know that those writing the notes believe the same things I do about the Scripture I'm reading.

I was expecting this Bible to explain what words or phrases mean and that is exactly what it does. I only wish more were included, but I do know this is rather unrealistic in a Study Bible. I was surprised and pleased to see a topical study guide included so that one can study the Bible verse-by-verse or topically.

If you are looking for a new study Bible and enjoy the NKJV, this would be a great choice for you!

Disclaimer: I received a digital copy of this book through BookLook Bloggers. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment