Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Christmas in Review: 2013

I'm a little late with this, but I decided to take a full break from blogging for the holiday.

Our Christmas was blessedly uneventful contrary to last year which was waaaaaay too eventful! Last year as a whole was too eventful and I must admit I have been eagerly awaiting 2014 and the feeling of a fresh start. I felt a wide range of emotions as we began the holiday season. What if we had another emergency? What if we received pain-filled news again? What if...what if...what if...

These emotions crept upon me, all cold and empty. The girls decorated on and I pretended all was well inside. As we shared stories of each ornament placed on the tree Rose reminded her two younger sisters why we do this thing we call Christmas. She told them the Christmas lights reminded us of Christ being the light of the world. She retold about the angel appearing before the shepherds with the birth announcement of our Savior. Her innocent truth-filled chatter reminded me to cling to the One whose birth we were celebrating. What a blessing my girls are to me!

We filled shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child...


Enjoyed box seats at a hockey game with Diego...

Watch some classic Christmas movies...

Celebrated with our church family at the annual Christmas dinner...

Played in my Christmas piano recital...
(This was the first time all three of my girls played!)

Learned how to ride these cool scooters...
Investigated an owl's nest



Celebrated Christmas not once...
(Our house)

Not twice...
(Grandma and Grandpa's House)
But three separate times!
(Grammy and Grampy's House)



Made some awesome memories with cousins...
And celebrated the new year with these crazy kids...10 cousins in all!









What a difference from last year...what wonderful blessings...each moment more appreciated and special because of all God had done for us in this past year. 

God's graciousness brought me to a new place in this season. I shed more tears than I normally do and felt more peace and healing. Each memory was cherished and in every moment I was fully present. 

God in the moment...God with us...Emmanuel

No comments:

Post a Comment