Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Parenting Cheat Sheets from Christianity Cove: Review


Parenting is hard. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but there is so much more to parenting than I realized before actually becoming a parent. As a full-time teacher I mistakenly convinced myself parenting would be easier than maintaining discipline and order in my classroom. After all, they were my own. Boy was I ever wrong! The reason it is so difficult sometimes is because they are my own. I am concerned with more than just keeping them quiet for a certain period of time during the day. Their heart condition is more important to me than following my directions for any given task. There is just more involved. Parenting is even harder in our society of fast-paced, in-your-face multimedia. Sometimes we need a little help along the way and thankfully there are many resources available now to help. 

Mary-Kate Warner from Christianity Cove has compiled a simple to use resource for families called Christian Parenting Cheat Sheets. The name explains it all! Now when you have one of those moments when you don't know how to respond, a quick reference guides are available for 27 different areas. Available in a printable e-book these can be kept handy as a hard copy or on your tablet. I printed these and keep them in a notebook in our schoolroom so I have them as a handy resource whenever I need them. 

I appreciate the many different categories. As I read through the list of what is included there are many which I wouldn't have thought to include. I love how they can be used both in the moment of crisis as well as in advance as I disciple my girls. It is important to be able to address theses issues biblically at both times and these are incredibly helpful. 

I was blessed to be raised by Christian parents who strove to parent me biblically, but even with this great example there are moments when I feel at a loss in how to deal with a situation or to know what words to say which will speak Christ into their lives. These have been a great blessing to me for this reason. I know many parents who have stared their walk with Christ later on in their lives and think this an invaluable resource for them as well. I often find myself being challenged as I teach and train my girls. 

In addition to these everyday helps, Mary-Kate Warner has also compiled a holiday edition! These are a really neat way to focus on Christ no matter what the holiday is.  Some holidays are Christian in their origins anyway, but all celebrations can be used to point our children to the Savior. Each holiday includes Scripture to study as well as activities and projects to focus on during and leading up to the day. The 10 holidays included will give you new ways to focus on Christ throughout the year. 
I highly recommend this resource to parents looking for new ways to train their children in godly virtues and discipline with grace and love. You will find every moment you spend with Christian Parenting Cheat Sheets a blessing on your journey. 

Disclaimer: I received the Christian Parenting Cheat Sheets in return for my honest opinion and review. I was not required to write a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment