Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Monday, October 7, 2013

World of Astronomy from Master Books: Review

The newest book in the Exploring series from Master Books (a division of New Leaf Publishing) is available! This is my first chance to see a book from this series as a Moms of Master Books reviewer and it is excellent. It is geared towards older students than my girls who are elementary age, however I think it would be a perfect fit for upper elementary and middle school students.


The World of Astronomy is written in an easy to read style and I have enjoyed learning more about Astronomy from a biblical perspective. I've been slowly collecting materials and curriculum which will inform me as I have very, very curious little girls. I much prefer having an answer or at the very least knowing a reliable source of where to find the answers to their often deep questions. Just as with all other books published from Master Books I trust the content to be not only in line with Scripture, but also very scientific.

My favorite section was on the telescope. The chapter gave an excellent history of the first telescope and how it has changed over the years. It kept my attention and did not feel as if I were reading a dry text book that I remember from my days in grade-school. I'm not certain if that is somewhat due to maturity, but I do know I have enjoyed what I have read. My only disappointment was that the text only includes black and white pictures. This is not a major issue, but it wasn't what I was expecting.


I am excited to explore more about astronomy with my girls this year. We purchased a telescope which we are still learning how to use. Now that the sun is going down sooner and the time-change is approaching we will have many more opportunities to learn about our universe and The Word of Astronomy will be a great asset on our journey!

Disclaimer: I received The World of Astronomy as part of the Moms of Master Books Team. I was not required to give a positive review. I was not compensated in any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment