Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Friday, July 26, 2019

Week in Review: July 22-26

We've had a low key week. I'm still trying to get all the organizing completed. It has felt so good to get the excess out of our house again! I also LOVE having my schoolroom shelves labeled so beautifully! 



Now all of our school-related books are in the schoolroom. They used to be here and in the living room. History is ordered by date and sciences by topic. It's truly beautiful! 

We got to spend some time with my aunts and uncles on my mom's side. I made a gluten free birthday cake to celebrate my aunt's birthday.


This is a basic yellow cake with coconut frosting. YUM! I used The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten Free cookbook to "fix up" the store bought boxed cake. I have 2 aunts with Celiac disease and my daughter and I are gluten intolerant so it's good to have some options. The coconut frosting was basic butter cream, but instead of milk I used 2 TBS of Torani coconut syrup. I then mixed in a 1/2 cup of shredded coconut in the butter cream and sprinkled 1/2 a cup of shredded coconut on top. YUMMO!

We will get back to "light" school for the next couple of weeks. Then full schedule I hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment