Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Friday, September 14, 2018

Peek at Our Week: September 10-14 aka Hurricane Week!

There has been quite a lot of hullabaloo around here! 

Here in central NC, we don't see much more than a tropical storm or two. Then there was Hurricane Fran in 1996. It was stronger, bigger, and faster than it was believed to be when it made landfall and was still a hurricane when it came over our town. Lots of damage, power out for days...definitely a memorable thing! And because of that, whenever there is the threat of a storm people get concerned. 

My husband and I don't feel quite the same way. Having lived in Florida with hurricanes where we prepared like this...

October 2005 - This is me!!! And Rose when she was 2 months old!

And have turns life upside down like this...

October 2005 - Crop Duster's air field with a sugar cane factory in the background.
We weren't too concerned. We know how to prepare and we did. We didn't board up our windows or anything, but we prepared all around the house and made sure we had what supplies we might need if the power was out for a few days. The hurricane from the previous photos left us without power and a boiled water order for 11 days. 

So far, we have not had much more than a nice breeze. We shall see what else will come...


The girls started their science class on Wednesday! My first class teaching English was Monday. It's going to be a great year for all of us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment