Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Summer Camp: Adventures in Odyssey Club


Last week our entire family went to summer camp! Our district in the Christian and Missionary Alliance hosts camp for all ages the same week. It was really great for us all to be able to be away together even though we didn't see much of each other! 

These were my "kids" for the week! You see Grace in the middle and 8 other sweet little girls. It's been a looooooong time since I was a camp counselor. I played this role off and on from when I was in 8th grade thru just before we had the girls. It's a role I know well, but honestly not one of my favorite parts of ministry. I love the kids, but it is not easy for me in the way many of my other ministry roles are.


The Lord taught me so very much about serving outside of my comfort zone. I'm grateful for the time I had with these precious kids and look forward to seeing many of them again! 


 My co-counselor was a pro and has been doing this for the last several years. She is also a homeschool mom and we connected making a lasting friendship! She thought of bringing everything. What a blessing she was to us all! Two of my favorite things she brought were a portable Bluetooth speaker and a faux fire. The girls adored the fire that she turned on each night and one evening we surprised the girls with listening to the very first episode of Adventures in Odyssey, Whit's Flop.  


Our faux fire was a sweet little nightlight!
 I chose this particular episode because about half of the girls were unfamiliar with the show and it is of course a great introduction to Whit's End! Some of these kids came from some difficult situations back home and it was so nice to give them a safe and peaceful space for the week. They loved listening to the story, even though quite a few fell asleep before it was over! The next day they begged for more.

Having the Adventures in Odyssey Club app on my phone made it ideal for camp because I didn't have to lug our CD collection or a CD player with us! Whether you are just hanging out around the house or are traveling this summer, it's a great time to join the Adventures in Odyssey Club! Your kids will be listening to quality entertainment without eyes glued to the screen!


Disclaimer: In exchange for promoting The Adventures in Odyssey Club I receive a membership to The Adventures in Odyssey Club. I am not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment