Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Friday, May 11, 2018

Week in Review: May 7-11 (Off Routine)

Post-recital flowers from Daddy!
This week has been off our regular routine. My piano recital was Tuesday night and I have learned from experience not to try and do "full school" as my girls label it. We focused on math, literature, and biographies. It's a good thing this was the plan because I came down with a cold a couple of days before the recital, pushed hard to get through and then crashed Tuesday night! I'm currently communicating in whispers and hand gestures. This seems to be a rather consistent thing when I get a cold now and I seem to get colds very often around my recital time! I'm not sure if  it is the stress leading into this or not, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've been fully healthy at a recital. 

These are most of my students! I have 7 more not pictured. One could not come, two are adults I can't quite convince to play, and the last 4 are my nieces and nephews who live about 3 hours away. Their lessons are weekly via Skype. 

I love all of my students so very much, but I have a special place for these three...
 Grace: So Long, Farewell from The Sound of Music
Beth: Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah

 Rose: Ashokan Farewell

Our theme was The Sun Moon and Stars. If you have never read the lyrics to Ashokan Farewell it fits beautifully and is one of my favorites! 

Anyway, the girls have worked hard while I rested, although no pictures to prove that! We've also played some games like Mad-Libs, thanks to my Blackboard from Boogie Board, and watched some television...way more than is typical. Which is exactly why I'm okay with it. The girls have been really sweet and often ask if I need anything. It's been a special reminder leading into Mother's Day of how blessed I am. 



Take a look at what my Crewmates were up to this week!
Homeschool Review Crew Weekly Link Up

No comments:

Post a Comment