Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Week in Review: April 23-27 (Off Routine)

This week was a bit different. My husband's cousin planned a surprise party for their grandpa's 89th birthday. When I know of travel plans in advance I make sure I plan the week differently. Initially I was going to still have full school Monday-Wednesday, but with all that was going on to get ready to go we just did "light school" which was still quite a big of work. We basically just bypassed our history for the week. 


We left early Thursday morning about 5:00 am and drove to Washington on the way to our part destination. We surprised our girls with a trip to the National Zoo, specifically to see a panda. Our sweet Beth has wanted to make this trip for a long time and it was something she talked quite a bit about during her hospital stay. We were so excited to have the opportunity to give her this experience! 


 Wow! These amazing animals were so playful and fun while we were there. Such a unique aspect of God's creation!

Next, we stopped at the newly opened Museum of the Bible! It was AMAZING! 

The girls loved the kids play area. They also loved the town of Nazareth! We enjoyed the encounters with characters from the town.



We also really enjoyed seeing the various artifacts and facsimiles of artifacts. The girls, especially Rose, were super excited to see an entire floor which featured on of our favorite resources, Drive Thru History!  



One of the more profound moments for me was seeing the number of languages in which there is no translation of the Bible.

How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!'
 Romans 10:14-15
 Then we traveled on to Maryland and waited until Friday evening to surprise Grandpa!
 Surprise!!!!

 Kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids all celebrating this wonderful man! He was cherished and well loved this day. 

We traveled home today and are enjoying some time with Grampy and Grammy before they travel on to Florida. 

We've had a busy week and we are all tired! This is going to be another busy week with regular school, preparation for piano recital the next week, and our regular doctor's physicals for the kids. I'm very excited for summer and a bit of a break from the busyness. 

Check out what some of my Crewmates are up to! 
  Homeschool Review Crew Weekly Link Up

No comments:

Post a Comment