Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Week in Review: February 26-March 2

We had SUCH a fun week! In addition to school going really well we also enjoyed a visit from Grammy and Grampy (my husband's parents) and ALL of my girls cousins and their 2 doggies. It was a bit crazy in our house, but oh so fun! 

They had a great time cheering Rose on at her last basketball game! 


 What a beautiful shot!

We did indeed still have school last week, but no pictures. Sorry about that! Still here is what we were up to...

Grace (2nd Grade): Bigger Hearts for His Glory Unit 17

Grace is continuing to learn more about the revolutionary period. One of her favorite things is to work on her timeline. She reads her guide on her own for this and it's excellent preparation for the upcoming guides. It's hard to believe we are half-way through Bigger. 

Beth (5th Grade): Creation to Christ Unit 24

Beth has really found her way this year with regards to her independent work! I was pleased that after the new year she had less grumbling although she was still usually the last one finished. This week wasn't that way at all! She worked diligently and was quite focused.  It was good to have my theory that she just needed time to mature a bit proven. I did not back off the amount of work and just kept encouraging her. This guide is more about learning how to learn on her own. She is learning wonderful things throughout biblical history. Most of these things she already knew, but we are continuing to build her foundation. 

Rose (7th Grade): Revival to Revolution Unit 10

Rose has been excited to learn new things about the Revolutionary period. One of her favorite books is one from Beautiful Feet about George Washington. She's also learning both biblical Greek and Spanish this year. She works on these a few days a week and enjoys both thoroughly. Her desire to be a missionary in a Spanish speaking country is still strong and so I want to encourage her in these pursuits as much as I can. Both languages were at her request!



No comments:

Post a Comment