Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Is There Anything Better Than Candy Box-Tract from Let the Little Children Come: A TOS Crew Review!

Let the Little Children Come
 
We are a family who believes that our purpose here on earth is to glorify God in all that we do and to take every action possible to further His kingdom. My husband is a pastor of a small church and we absolutely love the people we serve and our ministry here. Those who aren't a part of our church probably think we are a little weird. We don't follow the world's ways in most things. We don't watch all the latest movies and when we do it is almost always with a filter for content we find distasteful. Our kids do not know the popular music and aren't familiar with many of the television shows most kids watch. Hey, we homeschool after all...we must be rebels! We do allow our girls to participate in non-scary and gory Halloween activities, including passing out candy from our home. When we lived in Florida we gave away quality candy, tracts, and radio dramas to the families who came to our home. Once our girls started getting a little older and we didn't do this as much, but this year is going to be different thanks to this adorable little pumpkin! The Is There Anything Better Than Candy? Box-Tract from Let the Little Children Come has my girls already thinking about Halloween and how to use this Halloween tract as an opportunity to spread the gospel! 
 
Let the Little Children Come Halloween Tract
 
 This little pumpkin really is adorable and incredibly easy to put together for the girls! We first spent time reading what each of the leaves. My girls have all accepted Christ as their Savior and this was a wonderful opportunity to remember. Just like Communion serves as a reminder of our salvation story, this was a perfect opportunity to do the same.  
 


It was very easy to punch out and only took a couple of tries to figure out how it went together. The directions are all visually explained without any words, but were quite clear. It took us a couple of tries because the girls started punching and trying to put it together without first looking at the directions! I thought it was pretty easy although I was a bit too rough on mine and popped off the stem. My girls didn't have this trouble at all and the next one I did was fine.

Something fun about this is that I didn't tell the girls what it would be once we put it together. I wanted to see their reactions. I wasn't disappointed! The girls were quite pleased with the finished product and came to the conclusion on their own that this would be great fun for Halloween.

The girls repeatedly said, "These are so cute! I can't wait to give them out!" There has also been considerable discussion about what to put into each of them. Some ideas put forth were candy, bracelets, and more candy.They are more than eager for the upcoming holiday this year and the reason is not for their own candy consumption or costumes, but because they are going to have an opportunity to share their faith and the gospel message in a fun way with those who come to our doorstep. 
Take a look at what my Crewmates have to say!
Is There Anything Better Than Candy?  {Let The Little Children Come Reviews}
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment