Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Monday, July 31, 2017

The Noble Servant by Melanie Dickerson: A BookLook Blogger Review


She's done it again! Melanie Dickerson's ability to weave a spell-binding tale amazes me. I'm captivated with every one of her novels from page one to the end. I especially love her fairy tales. These classic fairy tales are put into the context of real history minus the magical elements.

In this story Melanie Dickerson retells the classic Grimm tale, the Goose Girl. This fairy tale is not one I was very familiar with, so it was kind of fun to read without any preconceived ideas of what I should expect. As usual, the characters are likeable and full of good qualities. I love that they experience growth throughout the novel. They feel real to me and I love reading a novel where I would like to be friends with the characters.

The heroine desires to save her people, but she is poor and must seek to wed a wealthy duke. When her plans are thwarted by a servant she has no idea what to do, but befriends a shepherd. The find out there is a plot against the area and must try and find a way to stop it before it is too late.

Mystery and intrigue are seamlessly woven alongside this  beautiful love-story. Whether this is your first time reading a Melanie Dickerson fairy tale or you are a seasoned fan, you will fall in love with her writing, cheer for the hero and heroine, and not be able to put this down! I can't wait for her next fairy tale title!

No comments:

Post a Comment