Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Light Up New York: A BookLook Blogger Review


We were delighted to have the chance to read Light Up New York, the next in the Glimmer Girls series by Natalie Grant! My middle daughter, Beth, is 9 and absolutely loves these books. They are a sweet, modern fiction series that points girls to Christ through their adventures.

The premise is about three sisters who travel around the world with their singer mother. It is modeled after Natalie Grant's own family which is sweet. I know it is easiest to write what you know and she does this in a lovely way! They also have a nanny who is fun-loving and a little wacky.

I really like this series because so many of the books written for young girls these days focus on girl-power or getting back at someone. My girls see enough of that in real life without needing to read about it! I want my girls to engage with books which will lift up their spirits and encourage them. At the very least I do not want them to contradict the values we are teaching from God's Word. This series does even more by continually pointing them back to Scripture and their parents to know how to deal with problems. 

Here is what Beth has to say:  
I like that it is a mystery and that it has three girls in it. I like that because there are three girls in our family. It was easy to read and fun. I would let my cousin read it because it has a mystery in it. 

If you have girls ages 8-12 who are looking for fun chapter books, this is a great option for them!

Disclaimer: I received this title through BookLook Bloggers. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment