Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Channing O'Banning and the Rainforest Rescue: A NetGalley Review


This sweet little series is now a favorite around our house! Channing O'Banning is a precocious 4th grader who loves art more than anything else in life. She travels with art supplies and journals through art everywhere she goes. My 5th grader has absolutely fallen in love with these books as she too is a budding artist who travels life with a sketch book. 

The Rainforest Rescue is the second book in the series. Written in a funny and quips way, I think this is a great series for kids who also enjoy books like Judy Moody or Junie B. Jones. The wonderful difference about these novels is while they still have the same engaging style, they also point kids back to faith in God. 

This is what Rose had to say...

"I really liked Channing O'Banning and the Rain Forest Rescue because it was funny and taught you a lot. I never knew that there was such a thing as Blue Jeans frog until I read this book. I like that they talk about God. I really liked this book." 

It was fun to look some of the interesting animals, like the Blue Jeans frog, up with Rose as she was reading. She also genuinely means she appreciates that the books talk about a relationship with God. While we read secular books Rose in particular really likes when the literature reflects the faith she has in Jesus Christ. 

We are both very excited to see how this series progresses! 

No comments:

Post a Comment