Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Friday, April 29, 2016

Week in Review: Week of April 25-29

We had fun this week with my husband's parents from Florida here visiting with us for a couple of days. They and my parents, who live about an hour away, got to see the girls' art work displayed in the art show at our Homeschool Learning Center. They were very excited to have both sets of grandparents be able to see it! 



Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory
Unit 11
 Even though it is not scheduled in the guide we have continued on with the ABC series from Rod and Staff. It is such a sweet set of workbooks and all three of my girls loved them! Grace will be starting the last one in the series next week. I love to see how she is growing and learning!

  P1060953
 Grace illustrated a beautiful picture to go along with her poem for the week. She is really beginning to enjoy the poetry. She missed the straight forward nature of the poems in Little Hearts for His Glory at first, but she's now really enjoying listening to the new poem each week and trying to come up with a title for it!

 Preparing Hearts for His Glory
Unit 19
 
 During the typical week my husband teaches the girls on Monday while I teach my English class and the girls have a science class on Wednesday mornings. We also really like to only have an hour or so of work on Fridays so we work very, very hard during the first four days of the week, fitting all the days of the unit into Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Beth has started reading some of Grandpa's Box on her own. We still discuss the chapter, but this helps us stay on target. She really enjoys it and as we are drawing near the end I know she will hate to say goodbye to this book!

  P1060956 
Beth is becoming quite a little artist! When we first started the timeline activity last year she just wanted to rush through, but now I'm seeing a greater effort and love for what she is creating. 

Resurrection to Reformation
Unit 3 

  P1060952

 Every year when I keep thinking homeschooling can't get any better, we enter into a new adventure with Rose in a new Heart of Dakota guide. Seriously, I can't believe how rich my kids' learning experience is! It is way more in depth (And fun!) than I could ever plan on my own. Rose has kept her same Common Place Book since we started it in Preparing. I don't have her do every single one of the copywork activities, but she does enjoy looking back on it every now and then. She is now beginning to copy her new chapter she is memorizing this year from Scripture.



  P1060949 

Who knew the Byzantine Empire could be so fascinating? One of the fun thinks about homeschooling is enlarging my own understanding of history. I'm as engaged and interested in what they are learning as they are, maybe more sometimes! The writing assignments are a lot of fun for Rose. She looks forward to them every week. I'm continually impressed with her beautifully constructed sentences and look forward to seeing how she progresses in writing this year. 

How was your week? Post a link from your blog if you have one in the comments or just share a little below!

No comments:

Post a Comment