Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Money Making Mom: A Book Look Blogger Review

I've been a fan of Crystal Paine ever since I found her blog, Money Saving Mom, right after we moved to North Carolina in 2008. We've always lived frugally and I was very excited to have a new resource. I frequently browse her blog for deals, tips, and stories. Of all the frugal living blogs out there this one has remained my favorite because of her willingness to share her faith and desire to give generously. Needless to say I was super excited to have a chance to review her new book, Money Making Mom: How Every Woman Can Earn More and Make a Difference.


Most stay-at-home moms are striving for frugality while also bringing in extra income. Choosing to be home rather than bring a second income is not always an easy road. I am so blessed to have opportunities to work part-time from home and on a schedule that allows my husband to be there for my girls. This book was a great way for me to assess how I'm doing with my side jobs to bring in money and give me some potentially new ideas. 

I like how the book is organized. It is clear and flows in a natural way. The chapters are concise and easy to read. I also love that the practical advice is given through real, personal testimonies from both Crystal Paine and many other women around the country. 

The other thing I love about this book is that her purpose in writing this book is to encourage us to be generous with the blessings God gives us. This is something we try to practice as a family. While it is definitely counter cultural, we live with the perspective that all we have is a gift from God, not ours to hold tightly, but ours to express His love to others tangibly. It was quite refreshing to read something that reflected our own ideals. 

If you are a mom looking to both stretch your dollars and find ways to give generously to the ministries and groups that matter to you, this is a great read and will inspire you in many ways!

Disclaimer: I received Money Making Mom as part of the BookLook Bloggers review team. I was not required to write a positive review. I was not compensated in any other way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment