Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Friday, September 18, 2015

Week in Review: September 14-18

Last week was a week off for us as I prepared for the start of my literature and writing class. We also spent a few days with my sister-in-law and enjoyed seeing them over the Labor Day weekend. The rest of my week was filled with faculty meetings, introductory activities, and prep for my class. It was a good and busy week, but I'm really glad we took off from school!

A photo posted by Tim (@tim_williamson2) on

This week was also a little different. We deviated a bit from Heart of Dakota, but still completed school this week. Monday was busy, busy busy! This year I'm teaching 10 really awesome 12-14 year-olds who are homeschooled. This is also where my girls take classes. Grace's class meets two days a week so she goes with me on Mondays. This year I'm teaching 10 really awesome 12-14 year-olds who are homeschooled.

We began our regular school year back in August, but our tradition is to have our first-day-pictures at the start of our homeschool classes. Rather than a co-op type setting, our learning center is set up more like a private school. We have an administrator and the teachers are hired, not volunteers. We really like the structure and the girls even enjoy wearing uniforms! 

P1030272 P1030276 

My funny girls do a great job at pictures for me and I happily acquiesce when they request a silly one!
A photo posted by Melissa (@gracefilledhs) on

So in addition to beginning their science classes we also completed quite a few chapters in Life of Fred, read may chapters in a variety of books, completed a health lesson, and took a field trip! 

P1030313

No comments:

Post a Comment