Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Heart's Obsession: A BookLook Blogger Review




Colleen Coble is a newer author to me. I've read one of her other shorter novels and while enjoyable, it wasn't one of my favorites. I was anxious to give her writing another try and this seemed like a great option. This series of short books are Coble's first novel, republished into several novellas.

This extremely short novella focuses on a seemingly lost relationship between a heroine desperate to escape an arranged marriage and a career military man.

This book picks up from Book One and if you haven't already read this, you will probably feel lost throughout as I did. I never felt connected to the characters and quite often the relationships and conversations felt forced.
Short novels aren't usually something I'm excited about, but this was a nice diversion from what I normally read. I was able to finish in about one afternoon. I read this really quickly, but was left feeling unsatisfied at the end. I would much prefer reading this story as a continuous novel than simply what felt to be an excerpt of a novel. Perhaps one day I will have that opportunity.

Disclaimer: I received this book as part of the BookLook Blogger review program. These opinions are my own and I was not required to write a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment