Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Monday, May 25, 2015

Week in Review: May 18-22

This was actually a week off of school for us. I've been loosely following a 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off type of schooling schedule. It has been a great way for us to stay steady and not get burned out. Sometimes the week off falls a little early or a little late just based on our needs, but this week was perfectly on schedule!

One of the reasons this week worked well for us was it was also my spring recital. My three daughters played and so did my two nieces whom I've been teaching piano over Skype since the fall! It was a great recital and so much fun to have all five of the girls participate.



These 5 are super close and had so much fun being together for the recital!

In all I have 32 students and 28 played in the recital this year. The three adults I teach never participate and one of my school-aged students was not able to attend. Our recital was titled Animals on Parade. Rose played Feed the Birds from Mary Poppins, Beth played Rubber Ducky from Sesame Street, and Grace played The Mickey Mouse Club March. My oldest niece played Shepherd's Song by Beethoven and her younger sister played Winnie the Pooh. They are such sweet girls and I'm always proud of all my students, but there is something extra special about having the privilege to teach your own family something you love. 

My husband and I escaped for a weekend away and had a grand time! Grace, Beth, and Rose spent the weekend with their grandparents which is always exciting! 


My sweeties chose matching dresses while out shopping with Grandma which just made my heart smile. I dressed them matching when they were much younger, but have never forced them to do so. Rose (my oldest) came up with the idea and I thought it was so sweet!


My husband and I enjoyed touring Fort Fisher and the USS North Carolina. We both love history and this is usually what we do on our trips even when the girls aren't with us. My favorite souvenir from our trip was one of the navy issued hymn books from World War II.

So next week it is back to the books and on with school! Summer is approaching and we may have a lighter load, but we will continue with school around all the other fun of summer like Vacation Bible School, vacations, field trips, and swimming. We are very excited for the summer and the break from the usual. 






No comments:

Post a Comment