Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Monday, February 23, 2015

The Mineral Book: A Moms of Master Books Review

It's that time again! I love the opportunity I have to feather a wonderful resource from Master Books each month. No matter what book I get in the mail, my girls and I all get a little giddy when the package shows up on our doorstep. This month's selection certainly didn't disappoint!


The Mineral Book by David McQueen is the newest addition to the Wonders of Creation series. These books are of the highest quality both in content and presentation. The pictures contain such amazing detail and intrigued my girls from the first page turn. Each chapter is divided into sections for various levels of learners, so no matter what age you are teaching, your kids will be fully engaged.

I don't know what it is about rocks, but kids are fascinated by them. My girls have had a rock collection for years. The love saving various rocks because of their shapes or colors and saving them for later. We also have quite a collection of rocks from our local science museum. With the addition of this book to our collection has become more meaningful. They want to know more about the types of rocks in their little collection. They've also become quite fascinated about birth stones as well.

This picture was from earlier in the month before the big freeze and snowfall. It just so happens that the science class my Beth takes at our homeschool learning center studied rocks and minerals this month. She was so excited to take in this mineral book to show her teacher and classmates. She's also been asking me to take her picture with just about every rock she finds around our yard! She enjoys pulling out our mineral book to see if she found any precious gems. She isn't too disappointed yet at not finding much because she is still identifying rock types.

The best part about the books in this series (and everything from Master Books and New Leaf Publishing) is the complete focus on the Creator and the infallible Word of God. I want my girls to know they can trust the Bible and scientific books such as these help them be able to defend their faith. I mentioned the science museum we have locally. We enjoy going and my girls are informed enough about what the Bible says verses what most of the world believes that they can easily tell whether or not what they read or hear there is from people who believe God is the literal Creator. We discuss both sides and I want them to know the evidence both present and why we choose to believe in a literal 6-day creation. I'm so grateful for resources like these which help me teach my girls from a biblical perspective.



Check out more about this book here!

Disclaimer: I received The Mineral Book as part of the Moms of Master Books Team. I was not required to give a positive review. I was not compensated in any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment