Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Monday, November 3, 2014

Bugs: A Moms of Master Books Review

My girls like bugs. Honestly, I'm not a bug person at all, but I have  done my best not to project my anti-bug nature onto my girls. When they aren't around, I run from any creatures I encounter. When the girls are in my presence, I put on my courageous pants, pull out the magnifying glasses, and we have a little moment of science...then I go get my husband to take care of it!




When I received Bugs by William Zinke in the mail, I had barely opened the package when it was snatched out of my hands. My bug-loving ladies couldn't get enough of this! They were all there huddled around it for several days and that tells me I have a winning resource!

Just like every resource from Master Books this is a book I knew would continually point them back to the Creator all while providing accurate scientific information. I appreciate these resources so very much and am grateful to have the opportunity to learn for myself about creation in a way which honors God.



My favorite part of this book is the photography. The pictures are enormous so that even the tiniest bug is presented in all its glory. Stunning images enhance the intriguing facts. I really like that lesser known creepy crawlies are featured.

My daughters have been so excited to find out these new and interesting facts. Here is what they had to say as they read...

"Oh coooooool! You have to see this!"

"EWWWW! People eat grubs!"


"Guys!!!! You HAVE to come see this bug thing!!!!"


Want to see more of what this is all bout? Check out the video trailer...





Disclaimer: I received Bugs as part of the Moms of Master Books Team. I was not required to give a positive review. I was not compensated in any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment