Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Grace-Filled Encouragement: I Willn't!

A few years ago my three-year-old liked to talk as if she was 25. She did her best to mimic and emulate our speech. Some of her phrases were just plain funny and many of them took us a while to decipher their meaning.

At one point she used the contraction willn't. In reality it's much more logical than the correct contraction, won't. Think about that. Why do we change the phrase will not to won't. The letters o and n do not appear in the word will. I wonder who came up with that? Logical or not, won't is indeed correct.

I find myself questioning God's logic sometimes. It just doesn't make sense. I return over and over to 1 Corinthians 1:21-25 and 1 Corinthians 3:18-20 which explain the problem of our logic versus God's.

One of my favorite singers is Michael Card. The song below is one of my favorites. Praise God for His wisdom, foolish as it may seem to mankind.


Seems I've imagined Him all of my life

As the wisest of all of mankind
But if God's Holy wisdom is foolish to man
He must have seemed out of His mind
Even His family said He was mad
And the priest said a demon's to blame
But, God in the form of this angry young man
Could not have seemed perfectly sane

We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong

So we follow God's own Fool
For only the foolish can tell
Believe the unbelievable, come be a fool as well

So come lose your life for a carpenter's son
For a madman who died for a dream
And You'll have the faith His first followers had
And you'll feel the weight of the beam
So surrender the hunger to say you must know
Find the courage to say I believe
For the power of paradox opens your eyes
And blinds those who say they can see

So we follow God's own Fool
For only the foolish can tell
Believe the unbelievable, come be a fool as well
By: Michael Card

No comments:

Post a Comment