So we took pictures. We school year-round and so for the last couple of years I've decided to have "first day pictures" during the week our outside classes start. They don't seem to mind this at all and do great posing for me. Rose got a little silly, but I'm so glad! She's often so serious that I am thrilled to see her lightening up a little more.
Our days are very, very full now that our schedule is complete. I've had to learn about balance and discipline. I certainly don't do things perfectly...I'll never claim that! There are some ways to make it easier though.
1. I have a plan thanks to Motivated Mom!
2. My kids each have several household chores, not just things that should be responsible for like making their beds.
3. I clearly communicate to my husband what kind of help I need.
4. I'm realistic about what I can and can't do and I don't say yes to anything new without carefully thinking about it.
5. I don't beat myself up if I get behind in any area...which typically ends up being the housework.
One thing I'm trying to get better at is getting up earlier. When I do that my days are so much smoother.
So here are the girls individual first day pictures. I know they may eventually outgrow wanting to do this, but maybe they won't. And maybe they'll enjoy looking back. I'm raising three little scrapbookers so I think they won't be able to help themselves!
There was our week! Rewarding and fun!