Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Monday, September 29, 2014

The New Astronomy Book: A Moms of Master Books Review



My monthly review for Master Books (A division of New Leaf Publishing) is really awesome this month! I mean, they're always awesome, but we're really excited about this one because my girls are all about astronomy. I feel so very blessed to have these resources. I know I say this a lot, but seriously I love re-learning science with my daughters.


The New Astronomy Book by Danny R. Faulkner is just stunning. We had the original Astronomy book, which we loved, but this new, updated version has really upped its game! The pictures are even more vivid and detailed than the original. Even if you have the original, getting this updated version is not merely a replacement. It is just adding more to your science and astronomy library.

Like with all the other Wonders of Creation titles (which I highly recommend!) you can trust this book will point you both to scientifically accurate information as well as biblical accuracy. Every time I open up one of these books I am once again grateful for the opportunity to study science with the foundation of biblical truth.

One of the new features I really like of this book is the inclusion of technology. Kids these days are so consumed with technology that they may be hesitant to open a book before searching the internet. In this culture books need to be dynamic and engaging. Each chapter contains not only stunning photographs but also fun technology graphics that don't feel cheesy. My oldest daughter especially really likes this feature and has enjoyed perusing the book, cover-to-cover. She hasn't read the entire thing, but it has once again ignited her interest in the heavens above.

We enjoyed viewing the stars last winter when it started to get dark earlier and my girls have been asking about when we get to do this again. My middle girl has become quite fascinated with the moon as well and takes great pleasure in telling us if we're viewing a waning or waxing crescent. What fun to have high-quality resources at their finger tips to fuel their curiosities!

I personally enjoy reading the books in this series so I know how to answer their numerous questions. The detail and clearly written information make this user-friendly for science lovers of any age. You won't be disappointed in adding this title to your library.

Disclaimer: I received The New Astronomy Book as part of the Moms of Master Books Team. I was not required to give a positive review. I was not compensated in any other way. 





No comments:

Post a Comment