Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

2 Weeks in Review: February 10-21

We've been continuing our fun Olympic study. You can see our first update by clicking on the picture below!


Here are a few spinets of some of the other fun we've been having...

Wii Olympics...this is actually the game from Vancouver four years ago, but we have had SO much fun with this! It has also been a really great way to explain some of the sports.
Anyone who has been following this blog for a while might just fall over with this next statement...I'm finally enjoying math! Seriously, this is huge! I can't exactly pinpoint what the difference is. Maybe it is the shorter time? Maybe it is the big smiles over math from all my girls? Maybe it is because the teaching instructions were right on the page? I think it's a little bit of all of this. No matter though, I'm very confident we've found out "Mathematics Home" with Math Mammoth...yay!!!!!


Little Miss Grace had a little cold and enjoyed a couple of pj days! She is always begging to stay in her jammies so it was fun to give in for a couple of days!

Beth used her alphabet stamps to practice spelling words from Beyond.

Moving forward with grammar! Rose took her second grammar test of the year and did fabulous. I've been so pleased to see how much she remembers from previous lessons with Rod and Staff. It isn't fancy and there aren't any gimmicks, but this is the most solid grammar program I have ever seen. She also took another test with Vocab-U-Lit. I love this vocabulary program. I love the use of classic literature to teach vocabulary and it really is sticking for her this year in a way it wasn't with Wordly Wise.

A-B-C dot-to-dot!

We are getting so close to finishing up Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons! Grace is doing fabulously. Our only issue now is instead of actually reading the words she wants to make up her own ending of the story. Silly girl!


Our sweet kitty Zoe is always excited for lessons!

Moving ahead with Rod and Staff ABC series! Grace will be on a little bit different schedule than her sisters. She has an October birthday so we won't be rushing into Little Hearts for His Glory next year. My plan is probably to start her in this guide after Christmas next year. I love the flexibility of homeschooling!

Beth finally believes she is ready to read chapter books. She's been reading them for a while, but not BIG chapter books. It's exciting to see her developing and growing in maturity! She's reading Ralph S. Mouse right now.

Another math picture. Yay! Rose is doing so great! She's thrilled to move so quickly with division. Once she realized it was reverse multiplication she was all set! I really like how word problems are used and introduced early.










And next week we're getting back to our regular Heart of Dakota studies. The girls have very much enjoyed our little deviation from the normal, but they both were excited we'll be doing history again next week. Both asked a couple of times this week when we would be back at it!







Until next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment