Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Answers Book For Kids #5 and #6: Review

One thing I appreciate about homeschooling is the opportunity I have to teach my girls about science through Creation. Master Books (a division of New Leaf Publishing) has been a wonderful resource for us. In addition to knowing that my girls are learning how Creation is completely compatible with current science I'm also learning volumes myself! 

The latest books we had the chance to review as part of the Moms of Master Books team are part of The Answer Book for Kids series. We already owned the first four books and were extremely excited to receive Volume 5 and Volume 6 by Ken Ham and Bodie Hodge. They were some of the first Creation-based materials I bought for my daughters. Rose, my oldest, constantly hungers for knowing more. I was getting tired of correcting information in the other science books we owned and decided to try to find some books which would answer her questions from a biblical perspective.  

The girls were a little wound up one night before dinner so I grabbed these out of the schoolroom and offered them to my little ladies. I knew they'd love them, but I didn't expect them to settle down do quickly! Grace, four-years-old, isn't even reading yet, but she still loved looking at them! Grace is actually looking at a different book in the series. I was planning to just let her share with her sister, but no-way! She insisted on having her own book. 

One of the aspects Beth really enjoyed was that each question was asked by a different child who was named and pictured. She was so excited to see who wanted to know what. I like this fact as well because it makes it feel much more kid-friendly. These are real questions kids want to know, but often are answered from the perspective that God doesn't exist or at the very least didn't have anything to do with the creation of the universe. What a blessing for my girls to have science books I can get excited about. 

Rose got really excited when I pull these out to read. "Mommy! Those are the books that told me if bees had stingers when they were created!" Keep in mind this was over two years ago. My little scientist can't get enough knowledge which makes me happy. I know she's getting solid, scientific, and biblically based information with everything we read from Master Books. 







You and your kids can enjoy the entire series of The Answers Book for Kids from Master Books. Your children will enjoy every word and you will feel good about what they are reading! These full-color books are written in  kid-friendly manner and will inform children of all ages. 

You can read more reviews about these delightful new books by clicking below!
(Link coming soon!)


Disclaimer: I received The Answers Book for Kids Volumes 5 and 6 as part of the Moms of Master Books Team. I was not required to give a positive review. I was not compensated in any other way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment