Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Weekly Review: November 19-23

We took Thanksgiving week off from school, but we had too much fun not to share what we did!

My husband's family came to stay with us at the end of the week. We had 13 extra people at one time or another! It was great to spend time with our family.

Even without school the girls still enjoyed learning! Beth and her cousin are identifying different birds and leaves they found in the back yard.


There was lots of game playing...










...and even some song writing!













My husband and his brother ran a marathon close to our house. They made their own course because they are both pastors and couldn't find one to run in that wasn't on a Sunday this fall! They were AMAZING!
For Matt, my brother-in-law, this was his second time running a marathon. He finished in under four hours!







This was my husband's first and finished at just over four hours!

Both times are even more impressive when you factor in that both of these guys were battling colds and not at 100%. Way to go guys!





The kids really enjoyed cheering them on!





Dan the Animal Man came for a special service at our church. I wasn't super excited about touching the alligator, but I did it anyway! We really learned some cool things about God's creation from his presentation!

Check out his website for more information. He is from North Carolina, but travels all over the United States.



We celebrated Thanksgiving twice...and both times were delicious! We spent time with my parents and enjoyed my mom's AMAZING cooking! I'm trying to convince her to start a recipe blog. She is such an awesome cook! The girls always love helping her too.

Here is Grace keeping an eye on the Turkeys for her.





On Thanksgiving Day we traveled to Maryland to be with my husband's side of the family. This is the first whole family reunion that has happened since all of the grandkids got married and had kids of their own. We had 48 people for Thanksgiving dinner! And as you can see we're just a tiny bit partial to the Washington Redskins. It was quite a treat to see them beat the Cowboys!

So that was our crazy-busy week off from school. I hope you all had equally exciting celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment