Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Little Hands to Heaven

Little Hands to Heaven is an all-inclusive preschool curriculum I discovered when my oldest daughter was almost 2! That was way back in 2007 and I'm using it again this year for a third time!

This is the youngest guide in the Heart of Dakota Curriculum series. It includes all of the elements of a solid preschool program including Bible, letter recognition, pre-reading instruction, number recognition, counting, art, pattern recognition, color recognition, music, drama, thinking games, and much more! The interactive activities are lively and creative allowing even very young children to participate fully.

Each unit is 5 days long and includes a unique poem to teach basic phonic sounds while reinforcing the Bible lessons for the week. A special motion is assigned to the letter and sound for easy review. Daily music selections retell Bible stories and weekly drama games are included which allow children to explore their emotions. Number recognition and counting is also reviewed weekly. The art projects are simple enough for the very young with optional older child instructions.




The thing I find most beautiful about this curriculum is how all of the learning disciplines connect together. This is a feature found in all levels of the Heart of Dakota Curriculum. I appreciate the time the author, Carrie Austen, took on even the youngest guide to connect Biblical truth to all other aspects.




I used this with my older two daughters, but wasn't very committed either time. I had a new baby in the house with both of them and it just wasn't a priority. Now that we're officially homeschooling until further notice my youngest daughter begged to begin lessons. I was more than happy to pull this guide out once again, this time with better focus. It has become such a sweet time for my little girl and I to play and learn together! I'm so grateful for guidance as I would be lost as to what to include for preschool and definitely wouldn't be able to connect it all together the way Carrie has!




2 comments:

  1. I love Little Hands Towards Heaven! I am using it with my youngest now. He is enjoying it also. We will be repeating it another year a little deeper in depth. It is a fun curriculum both for the kids and Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a fabulous blessing! This is my third time through the guide although I was not as committed the first two times. Now that I have three schooling this has been especially important to my sweet little 3-year-old!

      Delete