Welcome!

Hi, my name is Melissa. Pour yourself a cup of tea and stay a while. I'm completely devoted to my Savior, madly in love with my husband, and joyously raising my daughters. I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Overdue Update: February 11-March 8

No photo description available.
(I had a birthday...sort of!)

Sometimes we have to set aside things we love doing when real life pops up. I had every intention of writing my updates these last few weeks but then...

First.... a stomach virus hit the whole household. I seriously think it was worse because we haven't had a stomach virus at all since Christmas 2014! That is really an incredible streak. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that help keep us all healthy, but we still fall prey sometimes.

Then... We got word that my husband's Gram is in her last days here on earth. We are praying the Lord would take her soon. She's suffered with Alzheimer's Disease for a number of years. My in-laws take care of her full-time now. This photo is from 3 years ago. 
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, child

Both of these things just sort of put quite a few things on hold and pushed me to take care of some other stuff that needed to get done first. Priorities. 

We've had school going on in the background of all this as normal, but pictures just haven't happened. Hoping for this week! 

We are over the stomach virus and we are still diligently praying for Gram. I also had a birthday thrown into the mix. It came and went oh so quietly, which is fine by me! My family celebrated me well and next year will be a big deal when this Leap Year kid gets a special day! 

Image result for leap year 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment